We dedicate this segment to the 51 lives lost in the terrorist attacks at the two Mosques in Christchurch, NZ.
In the two previous podcast segments, we interviewed inspirational women for Women’s History Month. We continue this in our latest interview with Deepa Iyer and the conversation couldn’t be more timely.
We discuss the current Islamophobia rhetoric permeating American politics and media, which are detrimentally impacting the South Asian, Muslim, and Arab communities. We also talk about accountability for our politicians and media on Islamophobic rhetoric, and how we move forward in solidarity.
LEARN MORE ABOUT DEEPA
- Solidarity Is Podcast
- We Too Sing America
- South Asian Americans Leading Together (SAALT)– Deepa was the former Executive Director
ARTICLES ABOUT ISLAMOPHOBIA
- Anti-Muslim Hate Speech Is Absolutely Relentless On Social Media Even As Platforms Crack Down On Other Extremist Groups
- ‘Systemic Islamophobia’ fuels terror attacks, say Muslim leaders
- Islamophobia ‘very present on both sides of the aisle,’ Tlaib says
- FP’s Guide to Islamophobia
- The New Zealand shooting put the media’s Islamophobia problem on display yet again
- After New Zealand Attacks, Muslim Americans Call For Action Against Rising Bigotry
- Comedian called ‘Islamophobic’ after saying she felt ‘threatened’ by Sikh men on her flight